How to become a Christian
- You are separated from God.
- God has made a way to restore you through his son, Jesus Christ.
Steps to begin a relationship with God
1. Admit that God has not been first place in your life and ask Him to forgive your sins.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" 1 John 1:9
2. Believe that Jesus died to pay for your sins and that He rose again and is alive today.
"That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven [Jesus] given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12
3. Accept God’s free gift of salvation. Don’t try to earn it. Our relationship to God is not restored by anything we do, but on the basis of what Jesus already did for us!
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
4. Invite Jesus Christ to come into your life and be the director and “Lord” of your life.
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God – children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God." John 1:12-13
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20
Begin your relationship today with this simple prayer:
"Lord Jesus, I want to follow you starting today. I believe that you died on the cross to pay the price for my sins. I admit I’m a sinner in need of a Savior, and I’m inviting you to be mine right now. Forgive my sin. Live in me to lead my life from now on. Amen."
If you believe, you belong! You are now a part of God's forever family!
Your life is forever changed!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"
2 Corinthians 5:17