Rule 3: Have Fun!
We strive to make church an environment every kid feels safe, accepted, and welcomed every week. Just as we strive for adults who visit our church to Gather, Grow, Give, and Go; we want the same for every child that walks through our doors.
For elementary students that means solving life's problems with the people of Konnect HQ, competing against one another in games, and dancing during worship.
A Typical Sunday
Here at Community of Grace, we teach elementary students using a curriculum by life church called "Konnect".
For your kid that means:
- Learning a new "point" or short, easy to remember main idea from the lesson every week.
- Watching a video about "Konnect HQ" where recurring characters answer some of life's everyday questions in a biblical way.
- Learning a new bible verse or "link" every week to help us remember God's truth when we need it most.
- Playing fun games, having contests, and doing crafts to help us get a better idea of what our "point" means.
- Worshipping together
It also means that your child will get a new "Konnect Card" every week that helps you know what they talked about on Sunday. Each Konnect Card has opportunities for your child to earn "Konnect Cash", an incentive that comes with real rewards.
Some ways kids can earn Konnect Cash are:
- Learning a memory verse
- memorizing a "point"
- Completing a Konnect Card challenge
- Coming to church
- Bringing a friend